1. (Earth Sciences / Physical Geography) a very large stretch of sea, esp one of the five oceans of the world, the Atlantic, Pacific, Indian, Arctic, and Antarctic
2. (Earth Sciences / Physical Geography) the body of salt water covering approximately 70 per cent of the earth’s surface
3. a huge quantity or expanse an ocean of replies
4. Literary the sea
This week photo challenge :
1. A place where one lives; a residence.
2. The physical structure within which one lives, such as a house or apartment.
3. A dwelling place together with the family or social unit that occupies it; a household.
a. An environment offering security and happiness.
b. A valued place regarded as a refuge or place of origin.
5. The place, such as a country or town, where one was born or has lived for a long period.
6. The native habitat, as of a plant or animal.
7. The place where something is discovered, founded, developed, or promoted; a source.
8. A headquarters; a home base.
a. Baseball Home plate.
b. Games Home base.