a. Having lived or existed for a relatively long time; far advanced in years or life.
b. Relatively advanced in age: Pamela is our oldest child.
2. Made long ago; in existence for many years: an old book.
3. Of or relating to a long life or to people who have had long lives: a ripe old age.
4. Having or exhibiting the physical characteristics of age: a prematurely old face.
5. Having or exhibiting the wisdom of age; mature: a child who is old for his years.
6. Having lived or existed for a specified length of time: She was 12 years old.
a. Belonging to a remote or former period in history; ancient: old fossils.
b. Belonging to or being of an earlier time: her old classmates.
8. often Old Being the earlier or earliest of two or more related objects, stages, versions, or periods.